Apollo Ghost Electric Scooter Review
The Apollo Scooters are a brand of premium freestyle scooters that are very popular in Europe and the UK.
Its new models mix the structure of a traditional skateboard with adjustments to the main plate and silicone wheels that provide comfort and more outstanding durability.
Renowned brand of scooters
This renowned brand of scooters satisfies its entire audience by providing different Apollo scooter models, allowing them to cover transport or entertainment functions.
Apollo scooters are made up of two wheels, a rear brake, the main support plate and a graduated or full-turn steering bar attached to a handlebar.
So they are ideal to use as a toy, vehicle or to freely practice freestyle scootering.
It pays particular attention to the quality of the individual components and works with the best materials.
Create scooters with optimal driving characteristics for beginners and experienced riders.
What is Apollo Ghost Electric Scooter?
The $1,499 Apollo Ghost Electric Scooter is great for beginners and long-time riders. With two 800-watt motors, beginners can slow-start using just one for smoother acceleration.
Once you get a feel for it, you can fire up the second motor for 1600 watts of power for more aggressive performance.
The Ghost feels quick and nimble thanks to its slightly smaller size and 10-inch pneumatic tire.
It also has front and rear spring suspension, which allows the scooter to ride smoothly, even on bumpy surfaces.
- Although it is only 13 pounds lighter than the top-of-the-line 77-pound Apollo Pro, it makes a difference when you wear it for any period.
The handlebar and head tube are collapsible, which makes them easy to transport.
Riders weighing up to 300 pounds are catered for, and the scooter can reach a top speed of 34 mph (54 km/h).
There are three-speed modes as well as an Eco mode. Depending on rider size, terrain and tuning preferences, the Ghost can travel up to 39 miles on a full charge.
The 52 volts, 18, 2 Ah of the scooter can be charged in about 8-10 hours. There is an option to reduce the charging time with a single fast charger or using two standard ones. The scooter itself has two charging ports.
The Ghost has lights on the front and rear of the deck, and the taillights flash when braking.
15 tricks to make your Apollo Ghost Electric Scooter last longer
More and more people have electric scooters to move around the city.
Those short (or sometimes not so short) journeys that a car can choke on, between rush hour traffic, searching for parking and other inconveniences, are a ride in these personal mobility vehicles.
And more, in the spring and summer months, with good weather. For this reason, we have decided to share 15 tricks to make your Apollo Ghost Electric Scooter last longer.
These tips range from making reasonable use of the ‘gadget’ to carrying out small daily maintenance tasks at home. Passing, of course, by always using parts and spare parts recommended by the manufacturer.
These are the 15 points:
- Keep an eye on the wheels, and especially their inflation. It is the first recommendation of the workshop company, especially for those with wheels with an inner tube. Look for malformations, lumps, or cuts, and don’t replace them with solid ones unless the manufacturer recommends it.
- Always use the charger of the scooter and, if it breaks, buy another of the same brand and characteristics.
- Do not charge it overnight. The reason for this point is that a fire could break out, and there would be no time to act. Charge in a secluded place, with no flammable objects around.
- Avoid charging it if it has suffered a blow to the battery area. If this happens, better take it to a workshop.
- Remove it when it has finished charging. If it spends more time than necessary, it can reach high temperatures that are harmful.
- Recharge it before the battery is completely discharged. Because you don’t let your car run out of gas before refuelling, right? Well, the same.
- Do not handle any part. The reason? In addition to losing the guarantee, it is better to have it done by a professional.
- Keep the scooter clean. Do it with a damp cloth, avoiding electrical areas. And do not use pressurized water under any circumstances.
- Do not modify the software. Although many videos on the internet teach how to ‘tune’ the scooters to get more power and speed, this is not only illegal but also dangerous. For the device and for you!
- Follow a professional maintenance schedule. How do you do with your car? And make sure repairs are always done with the parts recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not handle the battery. It seems obvious, doesn’t it?
- If it has a chain or strap, keep it taut. But not so much that it breaks.
- Check that the brakes work well. This can be done by giving them small touches.
- Do not use the scooter if it has broken parts. Nor if the battery life has been significantly reduced, if there are tire leaks or sounds when turning, or if you find signs of wear.
- And finally, drive responsibly. If you avoid sudden acceleration and braking, potholes, bumps and other possible sources of problems, there is no doubt that you will be able to extend its useful life.
An e-bike or e-scooter can make sense for short-distance travel, with people still being asked to stay home as much as possible and public transport systems being difficult for social distancing.
However, electric scooters are not only great for helping you cover longer distances faster and reduce your carbon footprint, but they also offer easy ways to get supplies to vulnerable family and friends as quickly and efficiently as possible.